Today i had to do some work on a storage system where new storages where installed and the old one should be unconfigured from the system.
sh#> vxprint -g $DISKGROUP -rtLv $VOLUMENAME
i checked what mirrors (plexes) are available for the volume.
I selected the mirrors located on the old storage an dropped them from the volume with
sh#> vxplex -o rm dis $PLEXNAME
I noticed that the naming convention, after deleting the older plexes, does not look really pretty, because when the plex was created VxVM added a sequentiell number add the end of the plexname, so i decided to rename the plexes.
This was done with:
sh#> vxedit -g $DISKGROUP -p rename $OLD_PLEX_NAME $NEW_PLEX_NAME
After that all looks pretty well.
What's going on in Mesiols work day