Today i run into the problem, that a customer has created a temporary file for temp tablespace called ".dbf".
Because it is not possible to rename the file i did the following steps to get a usefull filename:
First i created a new temporary tablespace called temp2
SQL> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP2
After that i switched the system to the new temp tablespace:
SQL> ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp2;
Than i dropped the old temp tablespace
SQL> DROP TABLESPACE TEMP INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;
and recreated it:
SQL> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP
and changed the database back to tablespace named TEMP
SQL> ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp;
and deleted TEMP2
SQL> DROP TABLESPACE TEMP2 INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;
This all works online.
What's going on in Mesiols work day